prewarpieces

Mercer Series 6 Six Cylinder Question

The series 6 carried a new 3/4 floating axle configuration as listed in mercer-ganda appearing in several 1922 magazines. 3.77:1 was the ratio for open cars/ 4.08:1 for closed cars. Digital copies have been sent to your e-mail. :cool:

Not sure if there is any interest, but here is Boyle car progress report. Still expect car to be ready to drive the 1500 mile Pebble Beach Motoring Classic from Seattle to Pebble in early August.

Chassis is pretty much done. Most body work done and being painted. Will start engine assembly soon. Beautiful new rods and pistons cut by firm in Nevada that builds NASCAR engines and John Force dragsters. Now that design work done will make available to any other series six owners. Shop is very reasonable, and design work I paid for is free to you.

Need help with correct replacement cowl (body) tag. Looking to buy a couple of hides of black leather with proper graining.

Would attach photos, but they seem to exceed size limits for the forum. Tell me what to do and I will attach those.

oh very interested, don't worry! Great to hear it is coming along, and love the idea of doing the Pebble tour. Please post photos. Easiest method is to open an account on Flickr or photobucket, upload them there, then paste the link to your forum post. They make it pretty simple. Otherwise you have to get into reducing file sizes etc.

Leif Drexler just did my interior in consultation with Fred Hoch using an original interior set for guidance. It looks fantastic, and got a lot of approval from aaca judges who saw it at Leif's shop enroute to the the Elegance at Hershey. I discussed with Leif on Sunday at the Elegance and he said that he had enough leather made to do several other interiors. PM me if you don't have contact info. The original leather had a distinctive stamped grain and a painted finish vs. dye.

I am not good at attaching photos. They are too large. Anyone who wants a photo update

send me an email (jcrow22006@aol.com). Engine has run about ten hours in stand and

is now in car. With luck will test drive tomorrow. We don't own these cars but are really

only temporary caretakers. I appreciate the help from everyone on this site. Maybe we saved

another one.

Iva

on 2/23/12 you wrote the following in a post

"They just were not precious about what parts they had to use when they had to build a car at the end. One 1922 Series 5 Sporting was specifically ordered with bosch electrical units and bress brightwork. The hubcaps read "Mercer 22/72", which is 1916! Obviously they were the only brass ones in the bin when they needed them."

Sounds like you are describing a 1922 sporting that i know have.mercer seriel #17990 engine #6351 is green owned for the lats 20 years by Bill Hony and Ed Gibes of WI before that. Is this a car a you are fermiler with or have personal knowledge of ? i am trying to get as much information as i can about its history.

ike

4b5584_32a8d3d3296f47d19603666eb897cc5b.jpg