1965 Riv rear spring plate needed

Guest carlbraun

Guest carlbraun

I'm getting ready to bolt the 65 rear end back into place. Its been cleaned and restored and looks great.

I've got all of the parts ready to go but am missing one of the rear spring perch plates. This plate bolts to the lower control arm and acts as a perch for the coil spring.

Are these 4 1/4" round steel plates used on both sides? If so, I must be missing one.

Who has one?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest carlbraun

well I guess no one has these plates. I contacted virtually all of the used Riv parts guys in the back of the Riview with no luck at all.

I'm having my local fab guy build me up one as I have the car up in the air and dont want to wait any longer than I already have.

Guest carlbraun
My '65 only had the plate on one side as well, so I fabbed one for the other side. Pretty easy to make; circle with a hole. Not sure if it was supposed to have 2, but now it does.

Doug

Well mine only had one too and now considering your find I would assume its more of a torque plate for the spring.

This morning I went out to see an old 65 Riviera GS thats sitting out in the desert. I crawled under the car to look at the rear end and saw that the car only had one spring plate on the drivers side. Either way mine's getting two as well.

Edited by carlbraun (see edit history)