WTB: 1930 726 rear doors

tfee

I have some rear doors. Not sure if they are for your model / year. I'm in NJ but I could get them out to Hershey if you plan on attending. Not sure if you could tell from my remaining parts video

. If you need pictures I could probably get some for you over the weekend.

I just went out and took some pictures for you. Some of the measurements match up in my opinion.....others don't. My father in law (who is my expert on this stuff) will double check for me and I will respond back. Here is what I get:

Window opening width - matches at 26 3/4

Window Opening Height - matches at 14 1/2

Top of door width - matches at 32

Overall Height - looks to me to be 45 1/2

Bottom width - looks to be 17 3/8

Top of door to center of top hinge - matches 1 1/4

Top of door to center of middle hinge - looks like 17 3/4

Top of door to center of bottom hinge - looks like 26 5/8

Overall height hinge side - I show 28 1/4

The one door has a dent which you can see in the one picture. There are no outside handles on the door. I will have to look around and see if I have those or if they were sold already. I will respond back later with confirmations on the measurements as well as a price.

Let me know if there is anything else you are looking for. I'm trying to get a buyer on the whole lot because it looks like work is going to keep me from going to Hershey.

post-70634-143138636694_thumb.jpg

post-70634-143138636709_thumb.jpg

post-70634-143138636718_thumb.jpg

post-70634-143138636728_thumb.jpg

post-70634-143138636738_thumb.jpg

Those are Packard doors but they aren't from a 726 or from any of the standard Packard bodied cars either. All the Packard bodied cars had radiused corners on the trim around the windows and those doors have a mix of square and radiused trim. I'm afraid I can't use them even if they were free.

I've attached a pic of a 726 door for comparison.

Thanks for your time on this and good luck in your sale.

Todd

post-52604-143138637402_thumb.jpg

It's funny, my father in law just left and said the same thing as you about the more squared corners etc. We did find another set of the doors in my shed (not as complete as the two I posted pictures of). They are the same exact ones as the ones in the picture and they are tagged 32-33. Sorry I didn't notice that earlier. Sorry I couldn't help you out.

I know for sure I have 2 sets of rear doors. I believe I have 1 set of front doors. If memory serves me right I have 6 doors total. Not sure if it has the squared corners. Will have to check that one. Wouldn't it be an issue with hinge placement? I believe your dimensions on the hinges did not match my door.

Not a problem mlavin, thanks for checking. I can move hinges around pretty easily but I can't make an extra door so easy. I did some research on your doors yesterday and I think that they are from either a light eight (shovelnose) or a 901 standard eight. Both of these 1932 Packard bodied cars had the square corner detail shown in your doors. The larger sedans had a longer length along the hinge side due to the moved wheel arch and extended wheel base. Good luck