yearly maintenance questions

I own a 1990 TC with the V6 automatic. The car has about 15,000 miles. I keep the car in Colorado and it only is driven 3-4 months during the summer. It is stored all winter in a heated garage. Stabilizer is added to gas tank for storage. Here are my questions;

1. Should oil be changed every year? What type should be used?

2. How often should tires be rotated?

3. Are there specific tune-up issues that need to be addressed because of age of vehicle and low mile usage?

4. Is there a special filter for the a/c unit and where is it located?

5. Any other concerns that need attention?

Thanks for the help. I enjoy reading the forum and always am pleased to see the assistance provided when needed. Great car and great club.

Mark

Guest StudeDude 01

Mark----you don't indicate how many miles you drive it per annum but I'll have to assume <1K per year. See below for my thoughts.

1. Should oil be changed every year? Yes and the filter also.

What type should be used? Recommendation per the manual is 10-30W but 5-30W works as well.

2. How often should tires be rotated? Every year

3. Are there specific tune-up issues that need to be addressed because of age of vehicle and low mile usage? Check the spark plugs, spark plug wires, dist cap and rotor, air filter, breather element.

4. Is there a special filter for the a/c unit and where is it located? If you mean a cabin air filter, no.

5. Any other concerns that need attention? Tires (for dry rot), brake hoses and brake lines, brake fluid flush and coolant flush, all coolant hoses including radiator, heater hoses and bypass hose, battery cables.

I'm sure I've missed a some things but most of the learned folks on this forum will kick in a few ideas.

Thanks for the advice. The car is only driven 400-500 miles per summer. However, I want to be sure to do proper maintenance to prolong it's integrity and function. It's too enjoyable to ignore good care. Thanks again.

Mark