chrysler 6 cyl flathead

Guest reddawg

Guest reddawg

I have a running 1950's forklift that has a chrysler 6 cyl flathead in it, i cant decided to restore the forklift or sell for scrap, however, if there is value in the engine, it might make my decision easier, i guess my question is this, is this engine worth selling and what is its realistic value?

The engine is not worth a large amount of money, $5O to $1OO maybe more according to condition.

However it will fit A LOT of Chrysler cars, trucks, not to mention marine and industrial aps.

What is the displacement, the 265 cu in is the largest and most desirable with its long stroke crankshaft. Also industrial engines have hardened cylinder sleeves and other heavy duty parts.

Does it have the oil filter tower on the left side, or a remote filter with 2 small oil lines.

The primo engine for a rebuild or hop up would be a 265 industrial engine with full flow oil filter (tower filter].

It would likely be worth more as a working fork lift. However if you want to scrap it advertise the engine, someone may want it before it goes to the crusher.

I would buy it if it was not so far away.

Guest reddawg

thanks for the info, pretty much leaning for scrap on the forklift, it needs break work, new bearings for the mast, and a steering cylinder and rebuilt as an everyday user is only worth about 4 g's. the engine has the oil tower but i wont be able to get to see the engine ID numbers till i get out, once i do i will post the numbers and some pics

Guest noncompos

That engine should have a tag attached giving the Ind engine #, probably something like IND 5A up to 20A or higher per a 52 parts catalog, up to 32A or maybe higher per a 66 catalog...

If an IND 900 number probably a military standard.

I also see T-number engines listed with Chrysler industrials; they're probably Dodge Truck numbers.

No, I've not found a reliable list equating IND #'s with civilian engines. Good luck.