Isotta Fraschini - Kingston, New York

vintageride

I tried an old thread for Isotta Fraschini with no PMs. So here is a new dedicated thread.

I am looking for a historical seller information in order to fill in the pre-1957 history of a 1927 Packard eight runabout sold alongside an Isotta Fraschini.

The Isotta Fraschini would have been for sale in 1957 in Kingston, New York. The Isotta Fraschini was from the late twenties or 1930 believed to be an open car, with split windshield, custom body, likely but not necessarily a convertible sedan.

The Isotta Fraschini sellers name was Eugene (sp?). I am not sure what his last name was. Eugene was also selling the 1920s Packard 8 Runabout. At the time the Packard was painted entirely in battleship gray. Eugene was a diver that worked in Brooklyn and lived in Kingston. Likely salvage and repair. Eugene utilized the Isotta Fraschini and the Packard to commute to and from work.

Please PM me directly if you have any more information about the seller. Any leads are appreciated.

Vintageride

• 5 months later...

I am happy to report that I did manage to identify the previous owner of both the Isotta-Fraschini and the 1927 Packard eight runabout. The knowledge of prior ownership of these vehicles is indeed priceless.

Many thanks to everyone that have helped.

In the process, I gathered information about the Isotta-Fraschini that the present owner could use to flesh in their vehicles history. I was only able to verify the previous owner. Not subsequent owners.

See photo taken of the Isotta-Fraschini at the time of visit. This would have been when the 1927 Packard eight runabout was purchased. The photo is grainy, but does include some detail. If you look hard and zoom in a Le Nivex fuel gauge and a Jaeger speedometer can be seen. The metal garnish strip is woodgrained. This was the only photo taken of the Isotta-Fraschini.

PM me directly if you believe this is your vehicle.

Vintageride

post-56114-14313878872_thumb.jpg

Edited by vintageride
add identifiable gauge names (see edit history)