1968 skylark drivers door window removal instructions

Guest nicracing

Guest nicracing

Hi, I am new to the site. I am trying to remove the drives and passengers door glass. I have most of it apart but cannot get the glass out. Any help is greatly appriciated.

Rob

Guest nicracing

this is a 2 door hardtop. I am a collision guy for 20 years but this has me stumped. I can change a window regulator in a silverado in 20 minutes but cannot get this glass out.

Nicracing: in case you still need the information I have created scans of my 68 Manual for this project. For some reason I can't post the thumbnails here but I'll try again tomorrow to figure that out. Meanwhile here's some things that may help:

1 there is a warning from the manual that says the front door window consists of the glass plus a pressed on lower sash channel assembly with a screw on lower sash channel cam. This is removed as a one piece unit.

2 you need to lower the window 3/4 of the way and reomve the two top stops

3 you need to loosen the rear guide to door inner panel attaching bolts

4 with window 3/4 lowered you need to remove the lower sash cam from the lower sash channel

then push the Regulator lift arm inboard to clear the glass sash channel and pull the glass straight up.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Good luck.