1928 Jordan

Guest PhippsAuto

Guest PhippsAuto

Have a 1928 Jordan for sale. Dad bought it over 30 years ago. Been garaged most of the time before that and ever since. Managed to actually start it a few weeks ago! Asking $12,000 for it. Car is located in Dallas, Tex.

ETA: Just realized I was supposed to add e-mail and contact info here. E-mail phippsauto@sbcglobal.net (my family has an auto repair shop in Dallas) or call the shop at 972-247-1373 and speak to Dewaine.

post-53904-143138590822_thumb.jpg

post-53904-143138590831_thumb.jpg

post-53904-143138590839_thumb.jpg

post-53904-143138590865_thumb.jpg

post-53904-143138590879_thumb.jpg

Edited by PhippsAuto
add contact info (see edit history)

Guest PhippsAuto

Here is a video of the car, showing the engine, etc.

I forgot we had this video. It was taken before I worked on polishing up the car some, so the car actually looks nicer than this these days.

Guest PhippsAuto

To the gentleman from McKinney who called about coming to see the Jordan this week: I hope it wasn't today, because Dewaine is sick today and is not at the shop. He wanted me to give you his cell phone number in case you want to call before you come, so you won't waste a trip to Dallas. It's 214-498-4262. He should be at the shop the rest of this week. Thanks.

Guest PhippsAuto

If you mean the dark blue 1951 Ford, no, that's my Dad's first car (he was the 2nd owner of it, bought it after high school), and it's staying in the family. It's a Ford-i-lac --- has a Cadillac engine in it, goes real fast. He made it a hot rod when he first got married, 1956. I drive it occasionally, including at Texas Motor Speedway when they have "laps for charity" twice a year. Takes people by surprise.

The airplane is a Bede 5 ... not actively for sale ...

Most of the other cars in the video and pictures are customers' cars. I work on lots of old cars at the shop. Prefer it to working on the newer stuff, but I do that too.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest PhippsAuto

UPDATE: Now thinking $10,000 for the Jordan ... Would consider a deal involving cash and a trade (in particular, a Harley Davidson motorcycle). If interested, please contact Dewaine (info in first post).

• 2 months later...
Guest PhippsAuto

We're getting close to the end of the year, so now are going to ask $8,000 for the 1928 Jordan. It's a great car for the right person. The editor of the Jordan magazine called the other day after seeing the video we put on YouTube and is going to write a blurb about the car for the magazine. Thought I'd mention it here again, too.

• 2 months later...
Guest PhippsAuto

Looks like we have a buyer for the Jordan. Less than we wanted for it, but apparently we were overpricing it, and since the economy is bad ... Oh, well. We'd keep it if we could, but money is tight in our family, too, and we weren't going to be able to do anything with the car except admire it! Enjoyed checking out these forums and will keep this place bookmarked. With all the work we do on classic cars, this is our kind of place. Cheers!

• 5 months later...
Guest PhippsAuto

Sorry, rhead --- We wish we could have done the restoration ourselves, but we just don't have the money. We sold the car to a man whose last name is Jordan, up in Pennsylvania, and he's going to open a small Jordan museum and include the car there, so we think it went to a really good "home."

• 9 years later...