OD Wireing??

Guest moodier

Guest moodier

Got a question here trying to figure wires on my 48 OD Solenoid.Peecher and Birdman don't agree!Peecher says fwd wire is green.Birdman says his is black??Now which do I hook up, my wires are shot and want to run new ones! then in looking at L-M Service news Vol1,No.1Nov 46 shows the #6 front terminal as being green and rear as being black?Help!!I hate laying under that thing anyway!!!

It's the connections that count. The forward ( with the solenoid in place, terminals on top) should be #6 which conects to the lower terminal of the kick down switch. the other lower terminal of the kick down switch connects to the #6 terminal on top of the relay. If you have the solenoid installed upside down (terminals on the bottom) then the "forward" terminal would be #7 and it's wire is/was black. The original color for the wires connecting #6 on the solenoid,kickdown switch to the relay were green . The wires going from the #2 & #3" relay terminals to the coil are also green. These connections are the kick down circuit.