disappointing news from coco key hotel

Guest gryfan

Guest gryfan

i just got off the phone with the desk at our hotel for this year's meet. i was informed that the pool and hot-tub will be closed for maintenance. the young lady indicated that there would be no place for adults to enjoy the pool and hot-tub. she did indicate that for a "nominal fee" i could sign up for the water park , and use that. this for me is very disappointing........water parks attract loud activities and thus will not be enjoyable for those who want just to relax quietly. who in their right mind would shut down the pool for repairs during the busiest time of the year? oh....it may sell a few water park admissions!

very disappointed!!:confused::mad:

gryfan

If you think that's bad, wait to you go to the restaurant. After waiting an hour for our food, horrible service, bread so hard it was unbreakable, no water left in the pitchers to fill our glasses, and never seeing our server again, the hostess said to just leave...forget the check. On the bright side, we were comped 4 glasses of wine while waiting.

The hotel is no longer part of a national chain I can see why. This stay is going to be an adventure. However , they smiled when we checked in. Can't be all bad. ;)

If you think that's bad, wait to you go to the restaurant. After waiting an hour for our food, horrible service, bread so hard it was unbreakable, no water left in the pitchers to fill our glasses, and never seeing our server again, the hostess said to just leave...forget the check. On the bright side, we were comped 4 glasses of wine while waiting.

The hotel is no longer part of a national chain I can see why. This stay is going to be an adventure. However , they smiled when we checked in. Can't be all bad. ;)

That's.. ridiculous... I just hope Charlotte in 2012 is better..

Breakfast off the menu was ok. Maybe the staff got some heads- up on customer service. The hotel was old and tired, but all and all it really wasn't too bad. The best part was meeting the Buick people, particularly the Reatta group. Looking forward to next year! :)

Breakfast off the menu was ok. Maybe the staff got some heads- up on customer service. The hotel was old and tired, but all and all it really wasn't too bad. The best part was meeting the Buick people, particularly the Reatta group. Looking forward to next year! :)

I'm really looking forward to meeting all of you in person for the first time next year. :D

Guest gryfan
i just got off the phone with the desk at our hotel for this year's meet. i was informed that the pool and hot-tub will be closed for maintenance. the young lady indicated that there would be no place for adults to enjoy the pool and hot-tub. she did indicate that for a "nominal fee" i could sign up for the water park , and use that. this for me is very disappointing........water parks attract loud activities and thus will not be enjoyable for those who want just to relax quietly. who in their right mind would shut down the pool for repairs during the busiest time of the year? oh....it may sell a few water park admissions!

very disappointed!!:confused::mad:

gryfan

the problem was solved.....the hotel guests that were there for the buick show were allowed into the water park free. there was a lovely indoor/outdoor hot-tub. we used it and it was great. thanks coco key hotel.

it was a smoothly run show....congratulatios "minutemen and ladies". super job by everybody. the daily tours were the "best"

looking forward to next year.

gryfan