Riv convertible question

Guest AlK

There is an 83 Riv Convertible on e-bay for a not to bad price. However the car is stated as black with red interior. That has to be a repaint as I thought the 82-85 ragtops only came in red or white. Of course I could be wrong, won't be the first time.

You are correct...exterior paint was only available in red or white. Also, this particular riv has 84/85 tail lights, not 83's. The horizontial mid-section chrome on these tail lights was unique to the 84 & 85 riv's.

Then that has to be one helluva repaint, because the door jambs are black as well and if you look at the photo that looks into the inner fender thru the open door, it's all black as well.

Guest Fred_S

This was a white car according to the wonderful Riviera convertible registry. Miles in the registry shown as 119.000. Another black repaint, although of a red one, is for sale in Minnesota. Any good color change repaint will do the jambs, inner parts and anything that was painted body color. Price seems about market these days.

There is another Rivvy rag out there on Ebay for $4000/no reserve. Red with red/white interior. I think the interior is not authentic but boy I like it. Unfortunately he is not of a trade mind so I have to sell to get.