Dole Thermostat for 1928 Studebaker Dictator 6

GE Dictator 1928

Gentlemen:

I am looking for a Dole thermostat for my '28 Studebaker Dictator 6. I am told that the the thermostat should begin to open at approximately 150 F. The Studebaker part number for the thermostat is 125772 and came into use in 1927. I have attached a pic of the water outlet.

I need a Dole flapper style thermostat with a flanget that is a smigen over 2", a neck diameter of 1 and 350/1000" and a lip of 1 and 440/1000". Anyone know of this available?

I have tried the Studebaker board, but figured I would branch out to the club to see if others may have more information.

I appreciate, as always, the knowledge and expertise of all of you out there!

Keith Gramlich

post-66974-143138565785_thumb.jpg

post-66974-1431385658_thumb.jpg

Guest De Soto Frank

Keith,

Probably your best bet would be to establish a "saved search" on e-bay, including the part number....

I wonder if there's a modern "poppet-type" thermostat that would be a functional replacement ?

Guest Good Old Days

Good luck Keith with your search!

It will be worth the time and effort and finally will look lovely on your very original Dictator!!:D Has anyone ever reacted to the question about a Dictator Register?

Here in Europe I hold the European Pre war Studebaker Register and I must say I didn't find so many of them Dictators / Directors here. We found over a 100 pre war Studebakers!! Where are they? If anyone reads this and owns a pre war Studebaker/ Erskine/ EMF, please send me a PM and we can update our register!

Hope to have one day a beautiful site like the one from Australia! Take a look, may be some one can help you there, down under there might be something left for your car!

http://studebaker.yolasite.com Dave Pink is the one to ask!:cool:

:):)Carine

GE..............Great looking car! I love HPOF. I would also suggest you get a copy of Hemmings and check out a few of the suppliers. I've found a few calls arround and a little persistence yields results on hard to find parts. Again.......great car and a two door sedan!

Guest De Soto Frank

That looks quite a bit like the original thermostat I recently saw in a Ford V8-60 in a friend's shop...

Carine,

Thanks! Can't wait to get her back on the road. Right now in process of taking her apart to inspect things. So far front end, brakes, rear end, lower engine, etc. all look real good. We are finishing up the gas tank and gas line and should be able to try starting soon, but time lacks as always. CVarbeurator is being changed out to a Carter BB1 updraft as the original Stromberg fell apart on me and I can't afford the new Aussie castings for making a reproduction UX-2.

The dictator registry is just something I have not had the time to do, though I would love to follow through and do it, same as starting an East Coast Chapter of the Antique Studebaker Club.

Hope all is well with you and would love to see how your Dictator is coming!

Best,

Keith

post-66974-143138577315_thumb.jpg

post-66974-14313857733_thumb.jpg