Question: 71 / 72 Skylark GS

Looking for some help: other than the rubber taillight surrounds, what is the difference between a 1971 GS bumper and a 1972?<P>Thanks for the help!

Thanks for the help - can a '72 "Buick" emblem be attached to the 71 bumper? Additionally, can holes be drilled for the rubber taillight surrounds?

I agree with gkmoz furthermore, if you drill a bumper you may affect the chrome so that it will rust at the drilled location and eventually ruin the finsh

There is a cosmetic diffeence in that the '72 has a "Buick" emblem in it and the '71 does not. I believe the tail light lenses are different as well, the '72's are a little bigger. They both have the same mounting holes so they are interchangable.

Thanks for the help! I'll move in a different direction - please check my new post for another bumper possibility...<P>Morgan Allen<BR>'72 GS-350 Convertible

One more difference in a 71 & 72 rear bumper is the rear bumper guards won't interchange.Bolt holes are spaced differently.Please don't drill a `71 bumper for `72 attachments i saw this done to a perfectly nice 71 N-25 core,was not pretty!<BR>Jeff Jarboe