1946 WF 1.5 ton Starter Pedal Assembly

Guest 46GypsyTruck

Guest 46GypsyTruck

I just purchased a 1946 Dodge WF series 1.5 ton Dump Bed truck with a 320 cu in L-Head 6-Cyl engine, 4-spd, hydraulic PTO and I need to replace the starter pedal. The one that is in it is for a Dodge power wagon and it was too long so it has been bent into an S-shape to make it fit functionally. Its a mess, I think I could do better with a big carriage bolt and a spring. I need to replace the whole assembly with the original, anyone know where I can get a replacement or if anyone custom makes them?

Guest tonkaman

yes i think i have two sitting out back. ill go look tommorrow and see if i still have them.

i have lots of stuff for these trucks, windshield frames, fenders, and interior stuff, have a couple front grilles and a bunch of running boards as well. let me know if you are interested.

Guest 46GypsyTruck

Sounds great, I am leaving for Denver this morning for two weeks I will be in touch and will look at getting one from you, if you still have one, once I get back. Thanks. Look forward to doing business with you.

David

• 1 month later...
Guest tonkaman

ok sorry i forgot to post this but i looked and i guess i didnt get them out of the trucks so i dont have any. so sorry if i got your hopes up, there are a few on ebay right now if that helps any.

Guest Jobratedman
I just purchased a 1946 Dodge WF series 1.5 ton Dump Bed truck with a 320 cu in L-Head 6-Cyl engine, 4-spd, hydraulic PTO and I need to replace the starter pedal. The one that is in it is for a Dodge power wagon and it was too long so it has been bent into an S-shape to make it fit functionally. Its a mess, I think I could do better with a big carriage bolt and a spring. I need to replace the whole assembly with the original, anyone know where I can get a replacement or if anyone custom makes them?

The 1946 Dodge would have a 237 cu in engine, approx 25" long at top of the head.

I have extra starter pedals. They come in three varieties depending on where and when it was made. Does your firewall have 2 or 3 bolt holes for installation?

dave

Dodge Trucks - 1939 to 1947