Big Six Spark Plugs

Guest rodfraser

Guest rodfraser

Please can anyone tell me what spark plugs should be fitted to my 28 Commander GB Big six.

The plugs fitted at the moment are Champion W16Y , I have been told Champion W14 is an option , I would like to fit the correct type.

Thanks

Rod

It depends on what you mean by correct plugs. Heat range or appearance? If you are going to drive the car it might be easier and better to fit adaptors to run modern plugs which perform better and are much cheaper to buy. Spark plug life has always intrigued me. In the 1970s I was always putting new plugs in my Pontiac but our current daily driver (Japanese) we have had for twenty years and have only put one set of plugs in it in over 200,000 miles. I guess unleaded fuel and electronic ignition are responsible (?). Same answer for exhaust system life I presume.

Guest rodfraser

Thanks for plug info, I am not looking for appearance , I want to run the car engine with as close to the correct plug as possible to the cars design.

Thanks for the list of plugs B it looks like the Champion W14 could very well be the one to use , would I be correct to assume that the car may have been fitted with AC Delco plugs from new ?

Rod