Driving T-Type to work.

Guest wildcat465

Guest wildcat465

Finally driving a vintage Buick again, after a too long winter. Took the recently acquired Turbo Riv to work yesterday, and will drive again today. Probably for a few weeks to come, think of it.

Feels good.

UGH I'm jealous! I just got a call that I might have some crank shaft problems with mine. The guy is checking into it now. I finally had to bite the bullet and send mine 2 hours north to my Dad's mechanic. Older 80/90's Buick dealership mechanic-- and good old country friend of the family from way back. I'm hoping to finally get this one worked out soon. Don't think it will make it to Branson but the Free Riviera will!

Jayson

Just got an update. The bad noise is still in the bottom engine area after accessories have been disabled. He's taking the engine out now to see if it's crank, rod or main bearin, piston rod.

CAN anyone suggest a good engine rebuilder if I want or can get my original engine rebuilt?

I can't imagine what happened, 40k original mile engine! :-(

Jayson

Guest wildcat465

Tom: Pete Phillips is working on an early Wildcat 4 speed, don't know if he will sell when it's done though.;)

Jayson: Sorry to hear the bad news. You could probably ask for a rebuilder in the general section, get the question out to more Texas boys. You should bring the Free Riv to Branson, I could have Donna drive it home, heck I will even double your money on that car.:D

Todays update, not driving this one again for while, the aftermarket sunroof leaks really bad. Weather forecast says rain for foreseeable future. Damn, I got interior out of 84 right now and other 85 has butchered wiring harness.:mad:

Maybe I should just silly cone the dumb thing shut.:rolleyes:

Paul: Yes the Free Riv believe it or not is the only one that's close to being done! It will be the wagon getting me there! It's kind of like my Harley Mafia rod as my Dad calls it! I'd love to work on your wiring harness if it wasn't so freaking far to get to your house! I love tinkering with indepth things like wiring etc. I think I'm just going to send it off to Jasper to be rebuilt.

Guest wildcat465
I'd love to work on your wiring harness if it wasn't so freaking far to get to your house!

Just a few miles up I35, come on up, cold beer in fridge.