level control sensor 83 prk ave

Joseph44

Goodmorning everyone: Question I'm have a heck of a time finding a level control sensor for my 83 buick prk ave I can't seem to find any, the only place that has them is a dealer for $ 425.00. My question if I took mine off is it possible to repair the valve??? I'll tell you I have been all over the place with no luck. I'm trying to keep original as much as I can. SO any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks in advance and have a great wk/nd!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Have you checked the salvage yards for other Big Buick/Ols/Cadillacs from the same time frame? I remember in the ELC section for my Riviera there are two digit codes on the height sensors to tell you what body they go with. Delta 88/98 Regency/Deville?

Thanks for the heads up sosuzguy the thing is were I'm at in Fl there are salvage yards but none with 30/40 year old cars. I was told they don't hang on to them. I think I'll have to go north and see if I can locate a yard. I took mine apart there is nothing to it just a 2x2 circut board If I can repair this one great. My valve has # on it and a large B F. Thanks again and have a great day !!

YES BF is for B and C body styles of your year +/- a few years. BF in my 82 service manual shows it's for b/C body lines except for wagon. So hunt you a height sensor off of a B & C body style on the internet or call one of the part locator hotlines. I am not sure but I think B and C was the big Buick/Olds/Caddy's

Good luck-Jayson

P.S. Send me some pictures of your car I love the Park Avenue!

Thanks for the information sosuzguy it is very helpfull I'm going to try and get some webs or e-mails for salvage yards in the north east and see if anybody has one. Plus I want to try electronic repair shops to see if the valve can be fixed. Thanks again and have a great wk !!