need windshield rubber seal & misc for 1931 dodge DH6.

among other things, where can i find a suitable rubber seal for around the pop-out windshield frame? front and rear bumpers have a painted spring steel blade that bolts to the frame horns, and has round eyes on the ends that the chrome bumper attaches to. i need a set of those. the original headlight switch that mounts on the column has been replaced with a dash unit. i'd like to go back to original if they are available new or used. could use a nice left front and left rear fender. please email jwworkshop at aol dot com. any leads are appreciated. jw

John, I've never found any windshield rubber for the '32 Dodges and I imagine the '31 uses a similar product - You may have to improvise. The light switch at the end of the steering column is called a "clum" switch, it fastens onto the rod that houses the horn wire that runs up thru the column. Again I don't know of anyone making these, but all the Dodges from '28 -'32 used this same switch according to the Master Parts List - but you might try ROMAR, http://geocities.com/romardb or Tom and Cindy Myers, Myers Early Dodge for starters. I found one at a swap meet - it came off a chrysler, but it was the same switch, so maybe Plymouth also had this switch.

Guest 1930

Plymouth and Chrysler used the same switch, they can be taken apart and made to work again, I dont know why people just look for new when theirs fails, its usually just a contact issue that is easily fixed

Guest Jack27

I have reproduced the window bumpers for the '31 DH. These go on the bottom of the inside window frame. $ 5 each plus the shipping.

Jack Carpenter

Guest 1930

quote.....for the windshield seals, i found that the rubber lip seal used on the outer side window deco strip of 356 porsches is pretty much perfect........can you post a pict. of the two