1941 Dodge brakes

Guest lazydfarms

Guest lazydfarms

Hello,

My family is in the process of refurbishing our 1941 Dodge Kingsway sedan that has been in the family since Day 1. It received a full restoration in the mid 1980s and was used seasonally till the early 1990s when the engine went due to a massive overheating. After another 17 or so years in storage a low mileage donor came up and the old Dodge was ready to be resurrected. Unfortunately the brakes all but deteriorated from sitting. The last time they were refurbed was during the 80s at which point the parts were still available via the local parts counter. Now we are unable to locate the correct wheel cylinders anywhere in Canada. So, my question is anyone familiar with a supplier anywhere in North America that handles the wheel cylinders for this model? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Best to all here who are restoring and enjoying these great early mopar classics!

Guest Backyardmechanic

If it was me I'd sent out the cylinders to be reseve this will out last any new cylinder on the market.

vern

Guest Backyardmechanic

We have 1937 Dodge Brothers two door touring sedan that we have driven 19k miles in 6 years of owenship. We will be traveling to Moline Ill. from Titusville Pa. takeing route 30 (Lincon Hyway) all the way.

Vern.

Edited by Backyardmechanic (see edit history)

Apply hydraulics and white post does them, they will sleeve them and S.S seems to be what is recomended. Good luck on your car and lets see some pict.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...