1948 Desoto question

Guest 1948Desoto

Guest 1948Desoto

I have a 1948 desoto 2 door im missing the entire front end fenders,grille,etc. and i picked up a 4 door 1949 desoto custom is there any parts i can use off this car with keeping for the 2 door 1948 cause i also missing seats,steering

Or what car front end fit properly on my desoto chysler?plymouth?Dodge?:confused:

There were actually 2 1949 DeSotos, early and late. Early models were the same as 1948, late year were totally different.

You should know if your 2 cars are the same or not. If not some parts such as engine and trans will still interchange. If you have both in front of you it should be a cinch to figure out which parts are the same and which are not , and you are a lot closer to them than I am.

The only front end that will fit your car properly is a 48 DeSoto. 46 47 and early 49 will fit but might not be exactly the same. Chrysler Windsor may bolt on but the grille style is entirely different.

Guest 1948Desoto

Yeah the 1949 didnt have the same style i sold it the guy might let me have the engine and trans for it but im not sure if i wanna go with those flathead motors thinking puting something different in it so maybe a 48 chrysler windsor might work? out all the 48's ?yeah i been looking all over for the front end of the car..