Radio for a 53 buick special

Guest sweetmelissa78

Guest sweetmelissa78

I am looking to put the finishing touches on a car my dad restored, first priority for me is a radio :) Also need the buick emblem on the bottem of the front bumper and in a perfect world I would even replace the top peice of the grill were it says Buick. Any suggestions to other sites or trusted dealers would be great, wish I could say I knew more about the car and how to fix/maintain it but I was pretty young when I put my time into it( hours and hours of sandblasting rusty parts) and didn't pay enough attention when I got older and my dad was still around so now I am a novice with this awsome car and I would really like to learn everthing I can about it so I can see my dads dream of having it fully restored a reality. It runs great, he completed all the engine work and event drove it on several road trips but the body never made it past the primer stage.

Guest sweetmelissa78

yes, an original in working order would be preferred, the upper grill bar I have is original but cracked in 3 places so if you have one in good condition I would deifinatly be interested.......

Guest sweetmelissa78

So it has occured to me that a stock radio probly just has AM stations, what are the chances of me finding something that has been converted to AM/FM, or is that something that I might be able to get done if I find a working AM stock radio? I am not as concerned with it being original as I am with it being functional, but all the rest of the dash is original and It would be nice for it to at lest look like it goes with everthing else...:rolleyes:

Guest sweetmelissa78

Thanks Dave, I have found one that is in better condition but doesn't work that I will probly be purchesing soon.....unless I find one that works before I save up the money( It costs almost twice as much as you want for your 2 radios, but It does look beautifull!) Thanks for the responce, Melissa