Had to make a tough choice yesterday

Guest Dans 77 Limited

Guest Dans 77 Limited

Yesterday was the only paid day off Im getting until labor day. So I needed to take the Buick to the local paint store to get some paint matched up for my new bumper filler for the back. The problem ? It rained like the return of the great flood. It broke my heart to take the old girl out in the rain yesterday , but if I want it looking good for the summer ..... oh well!!!

I guess whenever the constant rain around here quits Ill clean it up again , but for now it sits dirty, wet and unloved looking in my garage.

At least I got to drive it a little anyway...... and hey the windshield wipers still work like new !!!

Dan

I drive my 78 wagon everyday Dan, and it's a great ride. But this winter really took a toll on it. Fresh Road salt just about daily. Mine will never look as nice as your's but I do love the ride.

Guest roanokejim

Hi Dan. Congratulations that you will have to drive it with new windshield. :D I hope that still have a good decision about your tough choice. :D

Guest Thomas Lord

You don't have any unpaid days off for that long?

Be thankful you have a good steady job to keep that old girl around.

I'd like to find another nice 88-91 LeSabre coupe but I gotta keep a roof over my head first.

Guest Dans 77 Limited

Oh Im sure I could get an unpaid day off . But you have to make any time off request 2 weeks in advance and with the weather being as unpredictable as it has been lately, I could end up with a lot of unpaid days off . So I just sucked it up and drove her in the rain. I looked in on her the other day and even though it does need a bath its not as bad as I thought it was going to be.

Dan