65 425 engine and trans

I have a 425 2-4bbl engine with the Turbo 400 trans out of a 65 Riviera that has 35,000 miles on it, can anybody tell me what it`s worth?<P>Thanks,<P>Don in Ohio

LOL!!! I bet you would, the reason I asked is I have a guy looking to buy my 52 Buick Special and he saw the nailhead when he came and now wants both or no deal. <P>Don

Don, Glad you took my post in the way it was intended. wink.gif" border="0 I would find this to be THE most desireable nailhead set-up and worth a nice chunk of change. Just a matter of finding the right person who is ready to buy. That is not to difficult with this mode of communication. Your buyer sounds more interested in the motor than the car. <BR> Putting a price on the motor and trans is very difficult. Heard people say they can get a 425 & trans for a grand, who knows what condition they are in. I've not come across one of those deals yet. Saw one on eBay maybe a year ago was similar to yours but don't think he got any bids. Starting price was too high $2,500 I think. <BR> Try some of the Nailhead sites for more input, Yahoo, Buicks.net, Bombsite etc<BR> I.M.H.O. anything below $1500 is a steal. <BR> And Don at that price I am still interested. <BR> wink.gif" border="0 Doug BCA# 33850

$1500 is a gooooood ASKING sell price if the chrome on the air cleaner is good, the carbs working, the linkage complete, the valve covers clean w/o breaks, the correct holddown nut, and the fuel lines ready to install. The remaining engine is about $350 & Trans $200. individually. As a package deal the sell between $1000 to $1800 would be good price. Be sure that the block number is LX for the correct 425 Not LT or LW. Paul When you figure what you want for it e-mail me: carbuff1234@yahoo.com I may be your buyer. <B>null</B> tongue.gif" border="0cool.gif" border="0

I HAVE SEEN: VALVE COVERS FOR 350.00<BR> BREATHER FOR 350.00<BR> INTAKE AND CARBS FOR 1500.00<BR> I DONT KNOW IF THEY ARE WORTH IT BUT THATS WHAT THEY WERE ASKING.<BR> AND THAT WAS JUST THE TOP HALF OF THE ENGINE..