back up lights problem

Guest REX STALLION

Guest REX STALLION

Okay, I put my bumper on my `64 to check fit . I hooked up the back up lights,turned on the power,put the car in reverse. no lights. I checked the pigtail connectors with a test light, power. hooked the pigtails back up, checked socket, power.Put light in, no light.I pulled the back up light units off, power to the mounting bolts so when I bolt them back on, the bumper is energized and turns on the test light. Am I missing a ground strap or something else?( the bulbs are correct and new):confused:

Guest Kingoftheroad

Have you messed with the console? there is a plug for the back up lights in the console, on the passenger side of the gear selector.. My back up lights weren't working and it was the connection next to the gear selector in the console. The plug had come off while I was working in there.

Most lighting problems are usually caused by poor chassis ground connections, after checking for +12vdc power sources, and good working bulbs. Corrosion, rust or newly painted surfaces is usually the culprit, so just make sure all the lighting components have a proper ground.