power steering/tranny fluid

Guest u571

Please enlighten me on where to find type A trans. fluid for the ps pump.

Im pretty sure dextron is not compatible and I dont know whats in there now,just that it needs topping off. Two parts counter guys looked at me as if I was from another planet when I asked.

Dextron is compatible with Type A. Use it without fear.

I have found Type A in old gas stations and C-stores where they sell low quality crap at high prices. The additives in later versions of Dextron are better for your system.

Thanks Jim,again.

If I can figure out how to download pictures I can show you the data plate.Early production(9000) plain dash,140 mi. speedo,ac, power windows,vent,seats,a/c,guidematic,am wonderbar,remote mirror,trunk release,trumpet horns and original good red leather.Original texas/new mexico arctic white car.

Guest Kingoftheroad
Please enlighten me on where to find type A trans. fluid for the ps pump.

Im pretty sure dextron is not compatible and I dont know whats in there now,just that it needs topping off. Two parts counter guys looked at me as if I was from another planet when I asked.

Another suggestion would be looking for an ATF like the one I bought. I found a generic ATF brand labelled "Automatic Transmission Multi Purpose Fluid" which is a specific Type A replacement as stated on the back label of the bottle.. I too had to do a little looking to find a substitute for type A ATF.