Where are the numbers on the distributor?

Guest Rob J

Guest Rob J

I'm just starting to go through the engine, and want to verify that I have the correct "LX Block" specific distributor. I know I'm supposed to have a 1111058 distributor, but I am not sure where these numbers are stamped on the distributor.

Thanks. Rob.

Guest Rob J

Tom, I pulled the distributor out last night, and there was no tag attached to it. I guess that explains why I could not find any numbers on it, other than numbers stamped on the aluminum plate where the condenser and points mount.

It appears to be the original distributor, but I'd like to know for sure. Is there any other way to verify that I have the correct 12 degree unit?

I can take some pics and send them to you, if you can visually determine.

Thanks, Rob.

Hi Rob,

Remove the weights and springs and lay them flat on a white background, take a pic and post or send. Or, take the dist to someone with a dist machine and have them check the specs. In the end, the actual performance of the dist is what matters.

Tom Mooney

Will do.

Hey, we have two of the same vehicles. lol.

Yes :-) We know what is goooood ;-)

I think we will be in contact here, as I'm planning to make frameoff resto of my Riv65GS. Actually I'm collecting some parts and making room for it.

Some pictures:

https://picasaweb.google.com/buick.riviera.pl/BuickRivieraGS1965?feat=directlink

still in US, taken by previous owner (ROA member as well...).

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...