1937 Pontiac Silver Streak (CDN) 224 Project

Team,

I am new to cars and restoration, my background is IT (Information Technology) and have been working as a Sr. Systems Engineer for 20 years. I also had a hobby as a Professional Club DJ... I have loved classic cars since I was young, and came across my 1937 Pontiac Silver Streak 224 by chance. I traded some DJ sound equipment for this car, the Bar owner didn't have the cash to buy my equipment, so he offered this car.

Since then, I have been learning about cars, how they work and repairing techniques. I stumbled across this forum from one of my internet searches and found the members extremely knowledgeable and have much patience for guys like me :)

I cant wait to finish my "Mango" (slang for "Beautiful" in some parts of the Caribbean)...

Online Album

https://picasaweb.google.com/102332379787303258996/1937PontiacSilverStreakCDN224RestorationProject?feat=directlink

post-74294-143138485957_thumb.jpg

Edited by CDN224 (see edit history)

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I am enjoying your thread. I thought the Pontiacs had L-head sixes or eights in 1937. Did Canadian Pontiacs get a version of the stovebolt six? Also, I'll suggest a link to you that might have some useful tips if you have not already seen it: Randall Comm Photography Division : Cars : 1937 Pontiac 6 Restoration | SmugMug. Those are handsome sedans. Joe

Thanks Joe, unsure about the engine history, Im very new at this car restoration thing...

Greetings! I have a 1937 6 touring sedan that I just got a month ago - love the car. Looks like you have a replacement engine - Pontiac used a flathead 6 or 8. Those Chevy engines are excellent, though. I ahd a 1950 Pickup with the 216 and it was a dependable workhorse. You can see my car at www.caroholic.com. Bob

Thanks Bob... I had a 216 in the car, was irreparable, (sad day) and had second engine put in.. just learning about all this stuff :)

• 11 years later...