1949 Buick Trunk handle

Lockhouse

Hi,

I'm after a chrome trunk handle for my '49 Sedan. Length of the steel shaft including thread should be around 70-72mm (I understand they can vary). Nothing too pitted - everyday runner standard would be fine - does not need to be rechromed\concours. Would ideally like something with correct keys.

Thanks,

Andy

Ok no problem, I appreciate you taking a look, please wrap up warm!

• 2 months later...
Guest fortyninebuick

This post caught my eye. I just had my trunk handle replated, and when I took it apart, the spring for the lock cover, "flipper" broke apart. Im trying to find a spring for it. Ive had no luck with the usual Buicks parts places. I tried making one out of a spring but its not working to well, I dont want to lose it. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Al

This post caught my eye. I just had my trunk handle replated, and when I took it apart, the spring for the lock cover, "flipper" broke apart. Im trying to find a spring for it. Ive had no luck with the usual Buicks parts places. I tried making one out of a spring but its not working to well, I dont want to lose it. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Al

Hello, is it tear drop shape looking? I have a couple spares with the spring cover that lets you put key if you need one jeff

Guest fortyninebuick

Hi, thanks for your reply. Yes it is teardrop shaped, I was only looking for the correct spring really, although I would take a cover/spring combo if necessary. If Im not mistaken, you put the cover into the hole and then slip the spring on from the back. Ive attatched a couple pictures.

Thanks

Al

post-75740-143138542343_thumb.jpg

post-75740-14313854235_thumb.jpg

Hi, thanks for your reply. Yes it is teardrop shaped, I was only looking for the correct spring really, although I would take a cover/spring combo if necessary. If Im not mistaken, you put the cover into the hole and then slip the spring on from the back. Ive attatched a couple pictures.

Thanks

Al

This is a bit different than a 41 but I might have one on a parts car if they are still on it. it would be a colorado car so should be in good shape and I would just sell the whole lock assembly as I only have a 41 and a 34 chevy and will never use it give me a few days and will get to storage and look thanks jeff