Wheel stud/lug replacement '63 Riv

Guest daidock

Guest daidock

Hi. I need to replace some of my wheel studs, both front and rear. Is it a straightforward job like any other car or are there any particular difficulties? Any advice gratefully received! Dave.

Guest daidock

Thanks Dan. That's exactly what I'm doing! The Riv has Rally wheels that are the wrong offset (backspacing) and I'll have a helluva lot of trouble locating a suitable set of wheels over here in the UK. They're rubbing on the inner fender on lock. I've ordered some billet spacers which will bolt onto the hubs and then the wheels bolt onto the spacer. Should do the job hopefully. Couldn't locate left handed open nuts so thought change the 10 studs for RH. I have another question re steering wheels on a new thread too (I'm going round in circles! Ha!) Dave

Dave-it seems to me that the spacers only need to be 1/4"-5/16" in order to get the later wheels to mount up. If you are using a bolt-on adapter, I'd think that you will end up with more thickness than you want-hope I'm wrong-Dan

Guest daidock

Hi Dan. The guy who got the car ready for it to be tested and registered in the UK put half inch spacers on it but the wheels still rub. They do appear to sit too close in compared to others I've seen on line. The history of the car is a bit unknown so I don't know exactly what wheels they are apart from the Rally type. Car was imported from Corpus Christi, Texas in 2007 but it's first UK owner just stored it. I'm hoping the 1 inch spacers I've ordered will sort it or I'm going to have to locate a set of wheels over here. Dave