1965 riv gs

Guest windjamer
:) Yep, a real one too. Theres a lot more there than I had when I started mine and only took ten years to compleat. A little time a lot of money and you to can have a real car.:D

Well if the engine was missing that might be true but it looks like an engine in the photo to me that matches the number to the car

100% wrong. A 1965 Riviera GS requires provenance to be of value. This means a 2x4 carb motor with proper carbs and chromed 2x4 air cleaner.

You may have the correct coded motor (I believe it would be "LX" but there are 65 Riviera GS experts that know more than I) but without the top end "goodies" it loses a lot of value.

A fully sorted 65 GS "project" might draw interest in the $5000 to $6500 range but one missing critical parts just makes 65 Riviera GS fans groan.

That is why there has been little interest in your car. Simply throwing a 401 or 425 nailhead Buick motor in a space means zero (0) in a GS Riviera offering.

Further more, someone has robbed the horn bar off the GS steering wheel.

Don't get me wrong, if the balance of the "true" GS parts are there, it has value - about $1000 - but then you need to step up and provide that documentation.

Posi? Special coded transmissio? GS Steering and heavy duty suspension?

Basically, the top end parts to replace what is missing - will cost $2500 ++++ so people will pause before buying this GS at $6500.

$6500 should buy a "complete" GS project.

Edited by BJM (see edit history)

:) Yep, a real one too. Theres a lot more there than I had when I started mine and only took ten years to compleat. A little time a lot of money and you to can have a real car.:D

Dick

You know better. YOU know what I mean by "missing motor". Keiser, this is all about originality.

Like a 46 New Yorker with a straight 6 250 motor.....

Dick

You know better. YOU know what I mean by "missing motor". Keiser, this is all about originality.

Like a 46 New Yorker with a straight 6 250 motor.....

I totally understand that, but you were not very clear about the "with the missing motor" statement.

Ok I understand all about the Gran sport In my family there is a 65 skylark gs convt w/4speed, the riv 4 1970 gs stage 1 cars, 1 gsx w/4speed, 2 1974 gs 455 ,a 68 calif gs, 68 gs400, 69 gs400, 72 gs stage1, 70 gs350, and about 50 other vintage buicks. These are all origanal cars and all are matching #s . So just the pic shows that it has a single 4 carb does not mean I dont have the 2x4 set up that goes on the power plant and it has the turbo 400 switch pitch tranny and the correct posi rear. It is missing a few interior parts yes but is a real riv gs not a clone or wanna be. I'm the 3rd owner of this machine but in all one has to have a starting price and I really dont want to get rid of it but some times you cant keep all you have . Thanks for the information it was needed