wireing colours 1923

Guest bull

I have to rewire a few parts such as the horn, headlights, and a little bit under the dash. Is their a wireing diagram outlining standard wire colours? I can purchase cloth covered plastic coated wire but want to follow the original colours. My wireing is so faded I can't really work out what it was originally.

cheers, John.

Guest Knucklebuster

Im a little new to this but my friends will help if I flub. I purchased a master maintenance manual for my '35 and in it was the complete wiring diagram to include colors. I havent looked for your year but if you contact Danielle (thanks to the pro's on here yay) like I did and see if they have the book, then your set. If not then look around on the bay.

email her at

archives@wpchryslermuseum.org

or read the great info post here called "chrysler historical".

When you purchase a new wiring harness from say Rhode Island wiring it will have the corect colored wiring ( for the most part I am sure ) and a diagram showing all the wires and respected colors so maybe if you contacted such a place and caught someone on a good day they would send you a copy of the sheet. Just a thought

The wire in your 1923 should be covered with mid-brown cotton - with the exception of the tail light wire which is armoured. Colour for the purpose of identifying individual wires is a non-issue, as is use of a loom. All the wires are point-to point with some protection afforded by one inch tar impregnated primary loom down each side of the cowl and half inch carrying the headlight wires.

The Book of Information has both a wiring diagram and a most useful ghost view of the layout.

All you need is the wire, primary loom and terminals. I believe that Meyers can supply them.

The only thing you need to watch is that moden terminals are thinner than the originals. This means that the terminal screws on the light switch protrude into the switch mechanism producing some interesting lighting effects, including no light at all! Shortenining the screws or fitting thick spring washers sloves the problem