Need 1950 DeSoto parts

Guest Irv D

Looking right now for door handle/window crank plastic escutcheons. They are about 2-1/4" diamater & have a "notched" pattern around the perimiter. They are sort of a gold/or yellow (translucent) in color. I can e.mail a picture to anyone who might be able to help or know of someone who can help me find these. They are for a 1950 DeSoto Custom, 4 door - but I believe these may have been used on years from 49-54. Appreciate any help - I have searched extensively for last year, no luck yet. Irv D

deelin@roadrunner.com

post-72405-143138428208_thumb.jpgidrjoe_sandiego

thanks so much for your reply to my posting. I do just fine on most things with the computer, but attaching/sending pictures , etc. gives me a lot of trouble, for some reason. I will do my best to send a pic w/ this reply (I am thinking it can be done with the "insert image" envelope icon, above. So, I will give it a shot. If what you have is what I am looking for, it will certainly be a blessing - I have been getting kind of "worn down" from all the searches I have been doing. Thanks...Irv_DeMatties

Joe - was wondering if you got my response & picture of the door handle/window crank handle escutcheons I had posted on the AACA website. Please let me know. If not, i can send it again. Not sure exactly how these "threaded" forums work (still trying to figur it all out), so my reply and picture may be sent to you again, along with this inquiry.

Thanks........irv

P.S. If you want to e.mail me or call, please feel free to do so:

deelin@roadrunner.com Ph: (518) 792-6830

Hi Irv-your picture posting worked fine. Yes, these look like the ones I have. Now, I have to go and locate them in parts alley. How many escutcheons do you need and do you need the handles too? Shouldn't be too hard to find, but I've got the flu right now, so it may be a few days before I can look. Stay tuned. Joe

Joe - aaaahhhhhh !! this is good news !! I definitely need 4 of the escutcheons, would consider taking 8 (if you have that many) - and MIGHT take door handles & window cranks also, if the price is right. I had a chance (muffed it) to purchase all four door handles and all four window cranks, complete with escutcheons , springs & pins for $120 a couple of months ago - but ended up not getting them. Actually, the ones on my '50 DeSoto are in perfect condition - I am just missing the four plastic escutcheons for the door handles. The ones on my window cranks are just fine. But, if you have the handles, cranks & escutcheons - I would consider getting them (as spares). Sorry to hear you are not well at the moment. Hope you are better soon - will wait to hear from you again. Thanks.......Irv