Guest Jim_Edwards
Hi

I am looking for info on what type of car a Fram FH6-PL was one,

probably 1950s-60s

I googled it but only found info on FH6-PL Mil for a generator,

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Beaulieu

Fram P/N FH6-PL is a canister which used a CH-6PL filter. To my knowledge there were no domestic vehicles other than Studebaker's that might have come with that exact same canister, though there might have been some. The FH6-PL was basically an add-on oil filter canister arrangement used on industrial application small engines and as original equipment on farm tractors, road maintenance equipment, fork lifts, pump engines, some Ford and Mack trucks; etc. The only car that Fram currently shows has having come with the canister/filter combination requirement was Studebaker. Whether the exact filter type might have been used on other cars in the 1930s-1950s I cannot say but the Fram catalog does not indicate other automotive applications. The filter cartridge itself is currently available from Fram.

Jim

Edited by Jim_Edwards (see edit history)

Guest beaulieu

Thanks.....

Does the top look like all the other Fram canister filters ?

These were supposed to be full flow not by pass filters or at least thats how this car has it set up.

What year book are you looking at ?

And can you take a picture of that page ?

Thanks again

beaulieu

Guest beaulieu

Thanks for the pictures , was there a mounting bracket on yours ?

I tried FH6-PL on the Fram website and it came back "Not Found"

I have found more info about this filter in the last few hours from you than in the last few years !

Beaulieu

Guest Jim_Edwards
Thanks for the pictures , was there a mounting bracket on yours ?

I tried FH6-PL on the Fram website and it came back "Not Found"

I have found more info about this filter in the last few hours from you than in the last few years !

Beaulieu

Apparently Fram no longer produces the FH6-PL but they do produce the filter cartridge as indicated on the link I supplied you.

This is a photo with the mounting bracket as it would have been supplied by Fram.

oil%20den.jpg

If you need an FH6-PL filter canister I would suggest trying sites that supply tractor repair parts or might have tractor salvage parts.

Jim

Edited by Jim_Edwards (see edit history)

Guest windjamer

These where used on lots of G.M.cars and trucks. I have one with a slightly different mtg. bracket I pulled off a 49 Caddy. Its for sale if anyone needs one.:)

Guest Jim_Edwards
These where used on lots of G.M.cars and trucks. I have one with a slightly different mtg. bracket I pulled off a 49 Caddy. Its for sale if anyone needs one.:)

They look the same, but are not. Just like oil filters of today many look alike but are not all the same.