Wanted: A/C parts for '56 Buick Sprcial; HELP!!!!

I have a '56 Buick Special with a 322 nailhead. I'd like....no, NEED to put in an A/C unit. I'm looking for the crank and water pump pullys. I'm looking to use an after market compressor, any suggestions on the brackets?? I do have an original power steering unit in already. ANY help would be much appreciated!! confused.gif" border="0

Call Classic Auto Air in Tampa, Florida. They did a bracket for my '54 Special, which will be the same as your '56 322. Stock crank and H20 pulley--they drove the belt off of the generator with a two groove pulley, which is the way the factory did it in '54 if I'm not mistaken. It's worked like a charm. They've got a complete system--condensor, controller, and a nice trunk mounted unit (though I'm sure you can have yours run under the dash if you want, instead of the package shelf). It uses a late model Sanden aluminum compressor. Their number is 813-251-2356. Ask for Al, and tell him Brad from Lakeland sent you. <BR>It'll go right on. We already did the R&D for you!

Brad ~ You had better go by and remind those guys who you are. I called last month and gave them your name as a referral. They said they had never heard of "Brad from Lakeland." shocked.gif" border="0 Honest. smile.gif" border="0 ~ hvs<P>However, they did agree to price a job for me. rolleyes.gif" border="0<p>[ 10-28-2001: Message edited by: hvs ]

Oh how quickly they forget!<BR>Boy, nothing like trying to drop a name and having it go "splat," landing on your shoes and making you look stoopid. <BR>I did a couple of magazine stories with them when I was with Mopar Muscle magazine.<BR>Oh well. I'm still happy with their product, and happy to recommend it.<BR>-Brad