Electronic Climate Control actuator doors

Joseph44

I'm working on my 1983 buick prk ave heater actuator valves. I have one door that doesn't close all the way the light keeps blinking it's when I turn the system off and the temp button is at 65 deg. the door does not close completely. My question: is there a a place on the net that I can view the procedure on how to replace and repair. Can someone tell me where this door is located in the system? Thanks and have a great wk!!!

What do you need? If you have the automatic climate control, (RPO C68) and if I remember correctly there are two types of motors that move the actuator doors. They will look something like this.

One is a two wire motor and the other is a three wire motor for the sensors plus the power and grounds to move the motor. Many times if the sensor went bad the light would start blinking. If it was mine, I would try to remove the motor and move the mode door to see if it was free. If it was free I would replace the motor for the actuator that is causing the light to blink.

Hope this helps.

post-44099-143138385845_thumb.jpg

Thanks again Larry for your feed back as soon as I can I will look for the motors and see where they are located. I'm retired and live in a retirement comm. so I can't go taking stuff all apart but I'm ret. U A W and I still like working on cars keeps me young. By the way I'm not ret. from the big 3 but MACK TRUCK. Thanks again I'll let you know. Have a great wk !!!

Guest Silverghost

As Larry stated above~~~

If this temp mixing door does not move completely within a specific period of time you will get this blinking condition system error message.

The Temp system mixing door is located on the right side under the dash and glove box. Look for the heater core & AC evaporator box.

The motor & door position sensor are all located in the motor assembly itself.

Before you do anything~~~

Remove your car battery's red positive cable for a moment as this will re-set the blinking system error indicator message.

The motor & position sensor should look similar to the photo above !

GOOD LUCK !

By the way Larry I worked in Allentown born and raised there I worked in Allentown Div. then went to Macungie Div. then went to Winnsborrow S C I retired after 32.5 yrs. when they closed in S C and went to Virgina when Volvo bought them out. Let me know who your friend is maybe I know him. Thanks again for the help you and Silverghost gave me and have a great wk!!!

Thanks for that information Larry I'm sending the original radio out to see if it can be fixed. I found a web site where they repair old radio's. here is the site if you need or know someone needing a radio fix .Check it out ( carradio.com southern electronics inc. ). Hope you find it helpfull.Thanks again and have agreat wk!!!