91 TC light switch

Guest jbae12

Guest My TC Toy

If it is only the knob that's off and not the shaft too, you will find a 'flap' of metal at the back end of the knob. This metal adheres to the shaft to secure the knob. If you pry the metal away from the knob slightly on its loose end and push it over the switch shaft it may be OK.

Good luck.

Bob

I agree :) ; did only the knob come off, or the knob and the metal shaft? If the knob came off, then you can bend the metal lock-spring on the knob and snap the knob back on the shaft; if the knob and shaft came off, then you have to try to push it all the way in hard enough until you hear a click, which locks the shaft onto the switch assembly. If the whole switch assembly is bad, then that's not good :(, because the switch assembly is installed from the back of the dashboard- so other than removing the dashboard to slide the asembly out of the back of the dash assembly, you'll have to drill out the rivets from the front that hold on the switch mounting bracket, then re-rivet or bolt it back on with the new switch assembly....

Personally, if my lights and dimmer switch worked (although the switch was wobbly), then I wouldn't mess with it :cool:

Guest My TC Toy

Any salvage yard should be able to supply a Chrysler knob. Be careful that the knob you get is not permanentally attached to the shaft, some are. The one you need is identified by the small flap of betal at the back of the knob that secures the knob to the shaft. You can replace the knob and shaft assembly, however there is some difficulty in releasing the shaft release pin on the side of the switch body itself. To do that you must remove the besel and, using a long thin flat blade screwdriver, release the locking pin. This pin is difficult to see and even more difficult to release.

Good luck

Bob