Trade/Sell a 1941/42 Speedomter for a 1940 Speedometer Plastic insert face

Guest gossir00

Guest gossir00

Want to buy a 1940 speedometer plastic insert face. Must be in excellent condition eg no cracks- and if possible would trade a 1941/42 speedometer.. The 41/42 speedometer includes the housing, the outer chrome ring, the glass w/ mph, the copper insert face, the needle, the plastic insert face w/screws, and both odometer drums.. The 41/42 speedometer parts are in good condition except for the odometer drum numbers--- need to be repainted. I do not know if this speedometer works. I purchased it for parts thinking it was for a 1940. I have pics and can send them via email. I would also be willing to sell the 41/42 speedometer for $30 plus shipping costs.

Edited by gossir00
lowered asking price (see edit history)

Guest gossir00
Hi Rick,,,I would be interested in buying if this the same speedometer that is in a 1947 and the chrome ring free of pits. In case you ever nooed them, Bobs automobilia sells the odometer wheel numbers stickers for 40 to 48 Buicks

I am unfamiliar with 47's. I can send pics of what I have to you. You can also enlarge the pic of the chrome ring to see if it is the condition you desire. Please send a private message with your email address to me.

FYI--Bob's sells only '41's onward.

Regards

Guest gossir00

I have sold the '41/'42 speedometer. I am still looking to buy a working or non-working '40 speedometer or alternatively just the plastic insert face. FYI--Bob's most current catalog eg Volume #57 does not list a '40 plastic speedo face only lists 1941-1947 and one has to buy an entire set of dash faces ( $100!!).

Rick,

Give John Weitlauf in Dayton, Oh a call, he has a vast array of vintage Buick parts and is very knowlagable as to their applications. I have purchased quite a few parts for my 48' 56c and 41' 76c from him. (937) 299-0515

Kevin Moore

BCA #42862

Mt. Vernon, OH