1958 Continental - Where is fuse panel?

Fred Zwicker

I recently purchased a 1958 Continental 2-door hard top and cannot find the fuse panel. There is a reference to fuses, but I did not see anything showing the location. Nothing wrong, but want to be sure that I have it figured out for the future.

Also I have two (power antennas (one and an extra) and both run up when radio is turned on and run down when radio is turned off, but the antenna motor keeps running on both. Is there some type of delay relay in the radio or in the antenna that shuts off the motor? Otherwise, feel that the motor will burn up.

I ordered a wiring diagram on eBay and hope that it will give some information.

Thanks,

Fred

From the repair manual: " The fuse panel is located on the left air duct. Remove the lower left cover plate from the bottom of the instrument panel to provide access to the fuses". As I remember a cable drives the mast up and down. It could be that the "traction" between the drive pulley on the motor and this cable is such that the motor does not stop at either end? I think the "stopping" cuts the current to the motor. Good luck

• 1 month later...
Guest norgale

Fred. How about some pics of your project? Love the 58,59 and 60 Lincolns.

Fuse panel on my 60 is under the hood,on the firewall on the passenger side. Didn't know the 58 was under the dash. Pete