Ever Keen is the title of the book that I collated & edited for the (Lagonda) Rapier Register last year. It is a soft cover book of 216 pages with over 200 b&w photographs. The Rapier is a small, 1100cc four cylinder car with a sophisticated 2 ohc engine built in England between 1934 and 1938. Total production was less than 400 cars, over 300 still survive. Being a hand built car,with coach-built bodies, no two Rapiers are exactly the same!

Ever Keen is a limited print run of just 350 numbered copies of which less than 20 remain to be sold. It contains the histories and memories of some 75 members of the Register and/or their cars.

This is the last chance to obtain a copy of this most interesting book about a rare and exciting 1930's sports car. $50.00 plus p&p.

To order your copy send me a p.m.

Bernie Jacobson

post-51681-143138362762_thumb.jpg

Edited by oldcar (see edit history)

Some of you may be confused by the title of my book. The term "keen' relates to the old English expression meaning sharp this is taken in reference to the edge of a Rapiers blade "ever" meaning always. This was the advertising slogan used in relation to these cars during the mid 1930s in association to the cars performance.

I also make mention that of the slightly less than 400 cars produced no two are exactly the same. The attached photograph taken during the Registers "European Tour" last year illustrates this perfectly. Look carefully at each car in this random photograph. They are all Lagonda Rapiers built between 1934 and 1938. Every one is different in some way to its neighbour. Looked at from behind the differences would be even more notable.

Bernie J.

post-51681-143138363762_thumb.jpg

Edited by oldcar (see edit history)