Need Info on early Chicago manufacturer

My great grandfather was a manufacturer of wagons and then automobiles. The company was H. McFarlane & Co. 322 South Green St., Chicago. It operated from the mid 1860's to the early 1930's. I don't know the name of the vehicles and wonder if the company supplied parts or were coachbuilders. I was unable to turn up any info in a review of the Standard Catalog of American Cars. Does anyone out there know anything about this? I'd appreciate any help I can get. Thanks.<BR> dangaskell@rslnet.net

Guest BruceW

Phyl,<P>Yuo might want to try the AACA Library and Research Center. They have a lot of historical information available on obscure automobile related companies. They have been able to help me before with some pretty scetchy details to start with. <P>There is a request form on the AACA website. The contact information for the Library and Research Center is:<P><BR>Library and Research Center <BR>501_West_Governor_Road<BR>POBox_417<BR>Hershey,_Pa_17033 PHONE: (717) 534-2082<p>[ 01-02-2002: Message edited by: BruceW ]