Gasoline help for my 1927 dodge

Guest 27 coupe

Guest 27 coupe

what kind of Gas and additive should i use for my origanal 27' dodge brothers coupe?

also, what kind of oil ?

and what kind of radiator coolant?

sorry all but i just picked it up from my father-n-law who just passed... :confused:...and i recieved no info from him....I know he drained the radiator and sprayed WD-40 in it? HELP PLEASE

27 Coupe, first a question. When was the car last run? Sounds like it has been in long term storage.

Well, the first thing I would do is smell the fuel, careful, not too much, but if it has a strong order then what gas is there is probably most certainly bad. In any case, if there is any doubt, I would drain the fuel that is in the tank. You can do this by pumping it out or sometimes there is a plug in the bottom of the tank.

I would then put in 5 gallons of fresh gas with a small amount of Marvel Mystery oil. Then attempt to start and run the engine. After that run in, I would then just use gas with Stabil or similar product. You can run the car with just regular gas if you are going to use it up by driving the car frequently.

I would also check the fuel filter for any sediment. I also think that you have a vacuum fuel tank in the engine compartment. I would also drain that and put in fresh gas.

Most folks run just plain water in the cooling system, and drain the water in the winter. If yours does not leak you can use a 50/50 mix of antifreeze.

For oil, if you do not know if the engine has been rebuilt, I would use non-detergent 30 weight oil. If it has been rebuilt, then you can go with a detergent oil. I doubt that your car has a filter, so I would then change it every season, before putting the car away for the winter. Probably holds about 6 to 7 quarts.

All the above is based on my Buicks, but should be very similar to your car.

Let us know how it goes. Good luck in getting it started, running and driving again.