1950 wiring harness wanted

Guest scott mich bca # 6619

Harnesses Unlimited sells them.<BR>They advertise in the Bugle, but without a phone number. Address is PO Box 435, Wayne, PA 19087<P>You can get their phone from directory assistance.<P>I have bought wiring from them, and I highly reccomend them.<P>Scott Mich<BR>Assistant Director<BR>Chicagoland Chapter

I bought from both Harnesses unlimited and YNZ's Yesterdays parts and recommend YNZ for the 1950 harness.<BR>The 1950 harness requires special bullets connectors. Harness Unlimited requires YOU to cut your off and resolder them on you new harness.<BR>YNZ on the other hand makes brand new ones and all you have to do is run and hook up the wires.<BR>I returned the Harness to HArness Unlimited.<BR>I was very happy delaing with YNZ the told me it was going to be 10 weeks, it came out to be 8. I like that.<BR>The quality of both were great all except for the connectors. <BR>Look at <A HREF="http://www.ynzyesterdaysparts.com" TARGET=_blank>http://www.ynzyesterdaysparts.com</A> <BR>Bill<p>[ 08-24-2001: Message edited by: Bill Stoneberg ]

Guest scott mich bca # 6619

Don,<P>I don't know about the problem that other guy had with Harnesses Unltd.<P>I needed a harness section for my '53 that somebody put an alternator on.<P>Harnesses Unltd, not only made one up for me, but sent me the diagram for it, told we how to wire in the regulator again, and sent me some of that electrical tape without adhesive to wrap it all it.<P>All the wiring was the original type, cloth, with the correct color traces, just like listed in the shop mamual.<P>OK to top it off, he did not know how much it would all be, so he said he would but a bill in the box, and send him a check after I got it.<P>The others really did not want to bother with me, or told me it would take like 8 weeks to do.<P>So I was a happy camper dealing with Harnesses.<P>You decide.<P>Scott

Scott,<BR>No doubt I would have been happy with the Harness from Harnesses Unlimited as it was of good quality. They were my first choice. <P>I dont spend $ 1,000 though to be told I need to reuse my old connectors and that I need to solder them on. This is the only reason I was unhappy.<P>If they would have soldered them on and made sure the harness worked, I would have kept the harness from Harnesses Unlimited.<P>All I am saying is that the 1950 harnesses are special and use special connectors so make sure you ask questions before ordering.<P>As it was Paul was very happy to take it back when I explained my issues with the harness. <P>Bill