Time for a break

Guest Dans 77 Limited

Guest Dans 77 Limited

Ive finally calmed down enough to return to the forum after Paul Syrdals highly insulting comments concerning my chapter. Im here only to let you know that I am going on a forced vacation from this forum until such time as I can rinse the bad taste from my mouth. It took a lot , and I mean this seriously, to keep me from hopping into my evryday and driving out to have a "discussion" with Mr Syrdal.

As far as Im concerned what happened to the National Pike chapter was one of the greatest injustices this club has commited in it 44 year existance. Add the following information , I was the chapter director who spent my entire 2 year term trying to undo that injustice. Emergency chapter meetings , often held at my home, endless hours on the phone with the National office , board members and Paul Meyer(then BCA president) putting much more time in on the chapter than most chapter directors. In the end I won out but at even this late date it may have been too little too late for the former NPC. To have a non chapter member like Paul Syrdal shoot his mouth off about things he knew nothing about, threw ALL of the little red switches in my brain. In my younger days I spent many a night as a guest of the county cause I couldnt haul my temper back into check. Its not anything Im proud of , but it does happen to be the truth. To me that chapter was and is the BCA and I dont mean to insult the rest of you but outside of what is now the Pittsburgh Tri-Shields the rest of you are just names on a website. The Tri-shields ARE the BCA to me and I will not let anyone demean this chapter. There are a few people on this discussion board who will remain nameless that have learned this the hard way.

So as you have probably guessed by now that between recruitment problems (which I know have been beat to death) the trishields struggling and my Buick currently being broke down Im not exactly having fun here and that last little bit of dung more or less sealed the deal for me. So to keep from getting myself introduced to some form of Minnesota law enforcement I have blocked any and all of Mr Syrdals future comment and will give myslef as much time as needed to get my head back on straight before returning to this forum.

See ya on down the road ......... maybe

Dan