48 Continental door weatherstripping

Guest moodier

Guest moodier

HI;Been getting some replies to my questions lately!Really appreciatte those of you who take time to reply to some of our silly questions!Another one here, who has good weather strip for the door etc.Just got car back and never had much to do with it when bought left a freind work on it in his spare time,3 years later got it back with some major work done.Differential,brakes .exhaust.king pins but now when I look it is a mess other wise!NO weatherstrip on anythng must have been going to do it then sold it but all strip is removed.Wondered where best place to get the weatherstrip is?Every where I look find more things need doing but that is old cars!!!

I would first try some of the vendors in the Sources section located at the top of the page when you first open the site. The sources listed may not have everything you need, but what they do have will fit and I am a big fan of dealing with our member vendors.

The other possible source would be Metro Moulded Parts, just google that and you should find it. They do list a few 48 Continental rubber parts and they have a pretty extensive list of universal door seaks etc.

I will offer a hint. Don't buy it until you are ready to install it. I bought a ton of rubber parts for my car years ago and when I went to install it, most was hard and useless from age.

Tom

Guest zazothex

Same thing has happened to me; bought all the rubber when I sent my car off the be painted, and by the time it got back, nearly all of it had been found in its box in my garage and turned into mouse nests -still in the bags.