1972 Buick Electra 225 Custom 4-door hardtop - FOR SALE

Guest Shaffer

Guest Shaffer

I hate to sell this car more then any car I have ever owned, but I do not have the room for it any longer, no garage to keep it in, nor the time to give it the resto it needs. Here is the details on the car:<P>1972 Buick Electra 225 Custom 4-door hardtop sedan - Antique gold, with sandalwood vinyl top (original) Sandalwood and dark brown interior, Custom model with cloth/vinyl interior, 455 V-8, automatic, A/C (COLD AIR) power windows, power locks, 6-way power seat, gear shift wiper control, professionally installed am/fm cassette, speed alert, trip odometer, cruise, tilt steering, EVERYTHING works, cornering lights, bumper gaurds, original hubcaps, 107,000 miles. Key reminder buzzer still works and seat belt light/buzzer still works. Car also has dual exhaust. Was 1-owner until April 2001. (Was owned by doctor) Engine is 100% original, entire car is totally original except radio and tires. Still has original tags that was placed on the gear shift and signal switch when new, ALL SERVICE RECORDS SINCE NEW up until 1987. Car still has original keys. Even the key chain that came from the car dealership is original. All smog equip still on car. Garage/barn kept since new. Original paint on car still shines on sides. Original vinyl top (needs to be replaced soon). Car has a couple of minor dents, surface rust on the hood and starting on the trunk lid in a few spots and a little starting under the vinyl top along the bottom side of the rear glass. Zero rust in quarters and in trunk. The interior is excellent, except driver seat cover is not perfect - but very good for a 30 year old car. Dash is like new, no cracks & rear package shelf in EC, perfect headliner. Original dark brown carpet is like brand new. Looks like it has never even been touched it even on the driver side. Original Buick floormats. These are the things I know the car needs and I am planning to replace if I have time:<BR>Valve cover gasket is leaking a little, it is the original and it will soon need a u-joint. Already have parts to replace. It has a slight vibration at highway speeds upon light acceleration. I want to sell this car to someone who likes these cars and has the time to restore it or just a place to keep it and take care of it. Price: ONLY $1,800. FIRM. If anyone is interested, e-mail me at Shaffer1223@aol.com<p>[ 10-21-2001: Message edited by: Shaffer ]

To insert a picture, click on the "IMAGE" button you see to your lower right when creating a reply. Last image on the right side column. Then paste the URL to the image in the box that comes up. That's it!<P>If you need server space, email me the pics.<P>I am sorry to see you having to sell your beloved Electra. I hope you're able to find it a good home.<P>Regards,<P>-Scott

Guest Shaffer

Traderonline is a good place to advertise. Thanks again for the help.<P>Tony<BR>----------------------------------<BR>72 Buick Electra 225 Custom 4-door hardtop sedan (for sale)<BR>89 Honda Accord DX 2-door coupe (for sale)- SOLD<BR>89 Pontiac Grand Safari 9-passenger wagon<P>[ 08-15-2001: Message edited by: Shaffer ]<p>[ 08-18-2001: Message edited by: Shaffer ]

Where do you have the image located?<P>If you entered the full url from http to the .jpg or whatever, it should work unless the server you have the image on doesn't allow direct linking. If thats the case, make a cheap and cheesy webpage with the images on the page and then post the webpage link here.<P>-S

Hey'ya folks,<P>Below is an thumbnail of Shaffers '72 Electra, if you would like the full size image, click on the image or follow the below link.<P>Cheers!<P>-S<P><div align="center"><a href="http://cozkramer.minidns.net/bca/~tony/72 Buick color.tif">72buick-thumb.jpg" width="400" height="268" alt="" border="0</a></div><BR> <A HREF="http://cozkramer.minidns.net/bca/~tony/" TARGET=_blank>http://cozkramer.minidns.net/bca/~tony/</A><p>[ 08-14-2001: Message edited by: CyberBuick ]

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Shaffer

PRICE REDUCED: $2,000.<P>I need to sell this car within 2 weeks. Please e-mail for more photos. I am going to try to get some on a digital camera. Thanks. Tony.<p>[ 08-24-2001: Message edited by: Shaffer ]

Guest Shaffer

Finally, it looks as if the car may be sold. The car will be going to Indiana I think. The man is going to put a deposit on it and paying the total in 30 days. At least the car is going to be garaged this fall/winter and restored next year.<p>[ 09-02-2001: Message edited by: Shaffer ]

• 3 weeks later...

Hello again. Looks as if the car is going to be for sale again. The person who was going to buy it has failed to send a deposit. I can't get a reply for some reason and I really need to sell this car. Price is a very reasonable $2,000 for a nice original 72 Electra. Several digital pictures of car available if you want to see the car. <B>1972 Buick Electra 225 Custom 4-door hardtop sedan - 455, V-8, auto, cold a/c, antique gold w/ sandalwood interior. Interior in excellent shape, with the exception of front seat, which is still above average for a 30 year old car. Was driven daily until about one month ago. Car will drive anywhere. Needs valve cover gasket and u-joint, which will be included with car. NO rust, with the exception of surface rust on hood and a small bubble under the original vinyl roof around the rear glass. Solid trunk and absolutely no rust under fenderskirts, wheelwells or trunk. Original paint on car still in good shape, with the exception being the hood. Has a few small dents, as the original elderly owner obviously had a little difficulty piloting this large automobile. New brakes, engine is untouched with all factory emissions still intact and in good working order. Car has every option except rear window defrost and auto climate control and power trunk. Has the rare gear shift wiper control. $2,000.</B><P>There is three people from another Buick club I am a member of that is interested in car, but I want to post everywhere again as I need to sell this car within a month. E-mail Shaffer1223@aol.com for more info. <P>Tony<BR>------------<BR>1972 Buick Electra 225 Custom 4-door hardtop sedan<BR>1989 Pontiac Safari 4-door wagon<BR>1991 Honda Accord LX 4-door sedan<p>[ 09-24-2001: Message edited by: Shaffer ]

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Shaffer

It is imperative that I sell the car before November 1. Otherwise the car will ruin this winter just setting outside, which would be a shame. rolleyes.gif" border="0

Sorry, was late on little sleep. The images you have on the thread and other places, including other ppl who have stuff on my server was not available as I took the server down while Nimda kinda slowed down. I started it back up the othernight and just wanted you letcha know. Sorry I didn't give any warning when I took it down tho.<P>If anyone wants ftp or http space, lemme know. No HD limit either. :-)<P>Cheers!<P>-Scott

• 4 weeks later...