Leather Seat Repair?

Guest donny612

Guest donny612

Any ideas for repairing a small hole (1/4-3/8") in my drivers seat. Hole is from wear getting in and out. Is there a way to repair this hole short of taking the seat leather off ? Or is an upholstery shop my best option? I searched the forum but didn't find what I needed...

Guest pizzaman7880

Don

You never really know what to search for. What words will work? Try this in the search block Full Leather Treatment ----- The author is LouZ

I too have a hole in my seat and it will be the next project. Good Luck

Guest 2ManyMopars

I think the basic idea is that you slip some sort of backing in behind the hole, then proceed as if you were filling a crack in the leather.

Guest My TC Toy

I have repaired tears and holes in leather before by using a curved needle and sewing up the hole the best you can. It is better to sew in two directions at right angles to achieve a good backing and do not pull too tight, you want a flat repair.. Next, if possible glue a patch on the underside of the repair. Finally fill the 'hole' that remains with a viny repair kit. You will have to mix and match to the colour you need and the repair is cured usually with a leather look pattern sheet and a hot iron.

Finally, if possible try to prevent the damage from re-occuring by padding the underside of the leather from the frame or whatever caused the damage (this is normally the problem with the drivers seat in the TC.

Chances are that the hole will re-appear over time but at least you can repeat the process.

Good luck.

Bob