Wanted: '72 Electra 225 seats

AK Buickman

Is anyone stripping a 1972 Electra 225 4-door hardtop with a light beige interior? I would like to find the front and rear seats from a model #8439, optional Custom interior, in excellent condition- no rips/tears/wear. My seats are light beige (sandalwood) cloth & vinyl bench (not split 60/40), and the front seat has the pull-down armrest. I would even consider seats from a Limited option. I just need the seat fabric, not the power seat mechanism, foam padding, or metal seat frame. The seat material can be removed from the seat frame in one complete piece for easy shipping.<BR>AK Buickman..................

Guest Shaffer

AK Buickman, my 72 Electra sounds like it has the exact same interior and color, as mine is the Custom with the sandalwood cloth interior. There is someone here (that posts here) goes by the name "72Electra" that goes to the same cruise-in that I do. He has a royal blue 72 Electra Custom. He told me he had his front seat recovered. I have seen his car and the material is identical to factory material. I was also wondering about it, as my front seat on the driver side is starting to "seperate" in spots. I think he said he got the material for the front seat for about $150. That was for the cloth only, as they reused the vinyl parts. My vinyl is still good, except it is starting to discolor, as it is turning white in spots, as the sun is "bleaching" it I assume. Door panels are getting the same way. I am going to try to figure out how to picture my 72 Electra here. If you like I will ask him about the material, or to contact you, or I am sure he will see this post. If not, you may can find a post of his here and e-mail him directly. Good Luck with your car.

Shaffer;<BR>Our '72 Electra 225 4-dr hardtops are exact twins. Antique Gold paint, Sandalwood vinyl top, sandalwood cloth & vinyl custom interior. The only big differences are that my Electra is equipped with the seldom-seen wide rocker panel moldings, and I install chrome Buick road wheels during the summer months. The appearance of my car is enhanced with the combination of the wide rocker moldings with the chrome wheels. My e-mail address is <asggk@uaa.alaska.edu><BR> Drop me a line, I'll e-mail you a photo of my '72. Chrome road wheels were not an option on a '72 Electra 225. 1973 was the first year for these wheels on an Electra. My original rims with wheel covers are on the car eight months out of the year.<BR>AK Buickman

Guest Shaffer

I have seen that wide rockerpanel/door chrome on only one other Electra. Rare I guess. The 72 Cadillac Sedan DeVille has the same design to it. I think our cars are identical from the car you describe. My car still has the original hubcaps on it, with the original bais-ply spare still in the trunk. I guess the only rare option my car has is the gear shift wiper/washer button.

• 2 weeks later...

The co. I got the ORIGINAL fabric from is called SMS Fabrics. I will try to find the phone # if you want it. I doubt that any car being stripped will have a good cloth seatcover. Your best bet is to recover it. As Shaffer said I ahd my front seat done for $300.00 (150 cloth and 150 labor) I took out the seat and reinstalled to save money. It looks great! SMS might have your cloth. They have a great selection of NOS cloth. Let me know if you want the #