Riviera A/C

Guest sintid58

Guest sintid58

After finding out the brake lines were rusted and started to leak on my 70 Skylark yesterday I decided to get the 70 Riviera out of storage and see if I could get the A/C working in case I have to take it instead of the Skylark. Brought it home tightened the belt and added 3 pounds of Freeze 12 (not R12) and after sitting for over 23 years without running and another year of driving it without trying to run it it works. Hard for me to believe but the compressor is quiet and everything seems to work as it should. Now if I need to use it I will have to do some cleaning and put in valve cover gaskets and should be good to go. Still have some hope that I will be able to get the Skylark brakes fixed by Tuesday night because that car is officially registered but if all else fails we will drive the Riv down and just park on the show field if we can.

Thank goodness. When I saw the thread title I thought you were having more problems this year. You certainly deserve a break.

BTW: just make sure that Midas shop does double flares on the lines. I know, any good mechanic would stake their life on this. But one idiot at my local Midas shop tried to do single flares on my son's Toronado once, and I think it was just so they could "up the price" by making the job take twice as long.

Guest sintid58

I usually try to be done working by noon on Friday so I can get ready for work Friday night but stayed at it until 2 determined to actually get something fixed instead of just tearing more apart.