Colorado

I am in the process of restoring an antique<BR>Dodge and plan to move to Colorado soon.<BR>Can anyone tell me what inspection process (if any) is required to register and drive this vehicle in Colorado?

There is no safety inspection in Colorado, though there are certain areas that have emissions inspections. Cars built before 1981 or 1982 have much laxer rules (at least in the Denver metro area) than do newer cars. My next-door neighbor runs an emissions inspection shop for older cars and I'll ask him about antique cars.

went thru this a couple of years ago for my 32 Playboy. Was told that for a regular plate would need to pass emission test. $15+25for plate. Could get a collector plate good for 5 years, no emission test for $125, or I could get an antique plate good for 5 years with restrictions for $12. Inquired as to restrictions and was told To and from a parade, to and from a club function, etc. At the end it said "or for pleasure use". At the end she said I guess they don't want you driving it to work or the grocery store all the time.

Ralph:<P>Really older cars are apparently classified as horseless carriages, and even get a special license plate. Jon (who runs an emissions shop) said he doesn't believe you have to have any emissions inspection at all. It also depends on where you register the car in Colorado. Only in the urban areas do you find emissions inspection requirements.<P>Hope this helps. Email me at tedwriter@aol.com if you want any further information.