WANTED - My Buick My Love and I sheet music

our51super

Hi,<BR>No problem! I've got the sheet music you're looking for. Just send me your address and I'll mail out a copy.<BR>Bob Leets<BR>raleets@juno.com smile.gif" border="0

I am also trying to find information about a 78 RPM record that I own, with the song "My Buick, my love, and I" on both A & B sides of the record. My estimate is that it was made in the 1940's-1950's for some Buick Promotion, or Buick dealer use. The singers on side A are Gordon McRae & Giselle McKenzie. On side B, "The Mellowmen" sing the same song. When were these singers popular? Without a copyright date on this record, the popularity of the singers might help determine the approximate year the record was used. <BR>If anyone else owns a copy of this record, where did you find it at?? <BR>What is the copyright date on the sheet music for this song??<BR>AK Buickman.....................

I have the record you're inquiring about. Off the top of my head I can't remember of there's a date on it or not. I found it on eBay by doing a search on the song title, My Buick My Love and I. Once every three months or so you'll find either the record or the sheet music for this song on eBay, (www.ebay.com). This last time (about two weeks ago I had a bid on the shet music but someone snuck in a bid with seconds to go and won the auction. It happens.

Hi again,<BR>Gosh, didn't realize this was such a weighty subject!<BR>The sheet music I have is copyright 1951 by Skinner Music Co., Inc. Lyrics by Jack Brooks, Music by Frank Skinner.<BR>I also have a 7" disc @ 45rpm, which is a vocal on one side recorded by The Honeydreamers with Ray Ellis & his Orchestra, dated February 21, 1961.<BR>The flip side is an instrumental, also by Ray Ellis & Orchestra.<BR>Other than the above info, I'm as much in the dark as anyone else concerning this marvelous tune.<BR>BUT.........the BUICKTOWN CHAPTER, and their very own LeSabre Sisters, sing a very mean version of this song ON DEMAND. They will be happy to perform it at the National Meet in Buffalo next week........no kidding!<BR>Bob Leets smile.gif" border="0

WOW!<BR>The LeSabre Sisters from the Buicktown Chapter singing this wonderful song!!!!!<BR>I'll bet that they will do a Super job during this Special show of the Century, even though they perform on a Limited basis.<BR>AK Buickman, BCA #1955..................

Guest grisby

AKBuickman, you know in their younger days I heard the Lesabre sisters were real WILDCATS!! I bet that its possible to set up a RENDEVOUS with them when they are on tour in the french RIVIERA. Everynow and then you can see them coming out of their apartment on 225 PARK AVENUE. <BR>Sorry no pun intended--I just couldnt resist after your last post.<BR>bill g

We have been following this thread since the beginning. It's getting more and more interesting by the day.<P>We have a 78 RPM record also, but sung by "The Jam Handy Organization", (no kidding). Only one side has the recorded song. There is no copyright on the record, just #E4KB-3166. It's on the RCA Label and the label has the song title, number and singers "typewritten" on the label. A demo? The record jacket has "This record reserved for the use of The Jam Handy Org." stamped on it.<P>Bob Leets, we would sure appreciate a copy of the sheet music. Our email is lorekthk@hinckleyaccess.com. TIA.<P>We got this record 20 some years ago and taped the song to play at the BCA Nationals to onlookers. Everybody seemed to like it.<P>Tom & Teri

Tom,<BR>You've got to be from the Detroit area and into radio production to have ever heard of "Jam Handy".<BR>Jam Handy was one of the premier radio/TV production companies from the 60's & 70's.<BR>They cranked out thousands of radio "jingles", station I.D.'s, sponsor related songs, etc....Their vaults are loaded with gems just like our precious Buick song.<BR>I guess I'll bring a copy of the sheet music to Buffalo. If anyone wants one they can have it copied at the hotel office for a few cents.<BR>If you're not going to be there, send me your address and I'll mail a copy to you when I get back from the National Meet.<BR>Go Buick!<BR>Bob Leets smile.gif" border="0

• 1 month later...